Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device are automatically collected. Additionally, as you browse the Site, information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site is also collected. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Purple Wyvern Jewels uses the Order Information that is collected to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products.
- To fulfil our legal requirements for reporting of income to the UK tax authority.
Purple Wyvern Jewels uses the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use:
- Shopify to power our online store along with processing of order payments (you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
- PayPal to process order payments (you can read more about how PayPal uses your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full).
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors and customers use the Site (you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Hotjar to help us understand how our visitors and customers use the Site (you can read more about how Hotjar uses your Personal Information here: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/). You can stop Hotjar tracking here: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/do-not-track/.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Finally, Purple Wyvern Jewels values your privacy and therefore we will never sell any Personal Information to other companies.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please read the "Personal Information Requests" section below. If you believe Purple Wyvern Jewels has misused your Personal Information, or are unsatisfied with our response to a Personal Information request then you also have the right to make a complaint. If you would like to exercise this right, please read the "How Do I Make A Complaint?" section below.
Personal Information Requests
A Personal Information request can be made at any time via the form on the contact page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be specific as to whether you are making an information enquiry, a correction or update request, or a deletion request.
- Under GDPR rules, we have one month to reply in full to any request.
- Replies to an information enquiry will detail what type of Personal Information we hold about you.
- Replies to a correction or update request will confirm whether the Personal Information was able to be corrected/updated.
- Replies to a deletion request will detail whether we had any Personal Information about you and confirm whether that data has been deleted. Please note that not all deletion requests will be fulfilled. Any Order Information pertaining to an open order will be kept until that order has been completed, plus Order Information will need to be retained for a time* for us to fulfil our legal requirements for reporting of income to the UK tax authority.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information or we carry out our yearly Personal Information deletion process as outlined below.
*Records of income for a UK business need to be kept for at least 5 years after the 31st January submission deadline of the relevant tax year. If no deletion request is made sooner, we will delete any paper records and email containing Personal Information along with anonymising Order Information on the Site in May, for the appropriate reported tax year. (For example, if a purchase is made on 6th April 2018 at the beginning of the tax year, that information has a submission deadline of 31st January 2020. That data would then need to be kept until 31st January 2025.) This means that Personal Information could be held for approximately 7 years. By setting a yearly time period to delete data that is no longer legally needed, and including deletion of any other Personal Information that we received for the same time period, ensures that we do not hold Personal Information indefinitely.
How Do I Make A Complaint?
If you believe Purple Wyvern Jewels has misused your Personal Information in any way please contact us to let us know. You can do this via the form on the contact page or by emailing email@example.com. If you are unsatisfied with our response, or unsatisfied with our response to a Personal Information request, under GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The UK supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). If you wish to make a complaint please click on the link for the ICO's contact details.
Last updated February 2021